Spectacular!

While filling in some gaps in the Tudor branch of my family tree, I came to discover just how intertwined they are.  Intertwined, yeah, that's a nice way of saying it.  What I'm trying to say is that the inbreeding among the royal houses of Europe was just spectacular!  Absolutely Outstanding.  Superb.  And it leaves me baffled by the question:

How do I not have six arms, three eyes, and a magical assortment of genetic diseases?  How??

I find that the practice of finding marital bliss within a neighboring branch of the tree continued, even once the family was well removed from the royal blood line, and had set up their own American Aristocracy.  It seems that those fledgling settlements that became small isolated farming towns didn't offer much choice.

Again, why do I not have three ears and five extra chromosomes?

When we all discover the founding fathers of our genetic lines, it leads us all to find that MOST of us are indeed cousins along the way.  And THAT being the case...


Why are we all not more loving and compassionate with one another?
We are family.
Outstandingly and spectacularly so!


No comments: